Welcome to Week 7!
● Monday 2nd December – Christmas Carols Concert
● Tuesday 10th December – A Day in the Life
● Thursday 19th December – Mr Jackson’s Movie Day
● Friday 20th December – Final day of Term 4 (1:30pm finish)
- Student of the Week – If your child has not received a student of the week at all this year, please let me know as I have accidentally misplaced my Term 1 list.
- Christmas – Towards the end of the term during Weeks 10 and 11, we will be participating in Christmas-themed activities. If you would prefer for your child to not take part in these activities or our Christmas Carols, please let your classroom teacher know so that we can make other arrangements.
- Christmas Carols – Our songs for this year’s Christmas Carols will be ‘Santa Wear Your Shorts’ and ‘All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth’. We have begun learning our lyrics and dance moves and will continue to practise these leading up to the concert. To assist with remembering the lyrics, you may like to practise these at home 🙂
Our sounds of the weeks are:
air (air) “There is a chair air, air, air”
er (ladder) “Mother father on a ladder er, er, er”
Sound Waves chants:
In reading, we will be focusing on the following CAFE strategies:
- Summarise text; including sequence of main events (assist your child to retell the text
including the characters, setting and beginning, middle and end events)
- Recognise literary elements (plot, character, setting, problem/resolution and theme)
- In writing, students will continue to use graphic organisers to help plan and structure their recount writing. Using Penny Punctuation, we will continue to include and edit our writing for full stops and capital letters. We will also explore further punctuation such as exclamation marks, question marks, commas and ellipsis.
- Students will continue learning how to write narratives. We will be focusing on using storyboards to help us write the beginning, middle and end of our own fractured fairytale based on the ideas of The Three Little Pigs.
- The weekly grammar focus for this week is contractions.
- In handwriting, students are revising letter and number formation and will learn how to write these using dotted thirds.
- This week, there will be no talk homework as students will be completing Investigation recounts
This week in maths, students will be exploring money and chance.
Have a lovely weekend! 🙂